You should compile information pertinent to your case. This information may include canceled checks, purchase orders, written contracts, estimates, police reports and other evidence. Organize them in chronological order and be sure to check dates carefully. For example, if you claim that the defendant damaged your car in an accident, you should bring a copy of the police report and at least two estimates of repairs for the damaged vehicle. If the defendant owes you money, you should bring proof of the debt (i.e. promissory notes, canceled checks, leases, or receipts) and other evidence that you think may prove your claim. 
It is recommended that you prepare a short, concise, written statement of your claim and bring it along with you on the day that you are filing your complaint. Accuracy is a crucial factor in determining the outcome of a case. 
The “plaintiff” is the person or entity filing the complaint. The “defendant” is the person or entity against whom the claim is being brought against. 
It is essential, prior to filing a small claims complaint, that you obtain the current address of the defendant. If the defendant is an individual, try to obtain their full name, address (i.e. home, place of employment, areas frequented, etc.), and telephone numbers. This will assist the Deputy Marshal in locating the defendant for service of your complaint and notice of the Court date in the matter.
If the defendant is a business, you may obtain pertinent contact information (i.e. the business’ trade name, name of the business and address of the registered agent, etc.) from the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Division of Corporations. To inquire further about obtaining the necessary information, you may contact that office at (340) 776-8515.